An anonymous note of compassion containing $40 was left Sunday for the girlfriend of an American soldier deployed in Afghanistan.
According to ABC News, Army Spc. Albert DeSimone, 25, was overjoyed by the random act of kindness from a mysterious U.S. veteran during a Skype interview with ABCNews.com on Thursday.
“I thought it was absolutely unbelievable and it brought tears to my eyes because it just made me feel good that people back home were there to be there for her, which has made her feel really good,” DeSimone said. “Plus, a veteran himself doing that for her and me just let me know that there’s still amazing people out there.”
DeSimone’s girlfriend, 24-year-old Samantha Ford, found the note in a white envelope underneath her vehicle’s windshield wipers, which was parked outside of a Dunkin’ Donuts in Arlington, Mass.
Written on the outside of the envelope was a note that read, “I noticed the sticker on the back of your car. Take your hero out to dinner when he comes home. Thank you both for serving. Him deployed and you for waiting.”
Ford’s car had a bumper sticker that says, “1/2 of my hear is in Afghanistan.”
Thrilled by the note, Ford decided to post a photo of it on her Facebook page as well as a military family-based Facebook page known as “Our Deployment 101.” Overall, the image received 1.7 million likes and has been shared over 221,000 times.
“There are no words to describe how I’m feeling right now,” Ford wrote when she posted the photo. “Tears in my eyes. I just wish I could thank whoever did this! God bless our troops and all of those who stand behind them.”
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy