Retiring is a hope that 28 percent of Americans said they will never be able to afford, according to an article by the Wall Street Journal.
In a study that has covered 23 years, the report indicates this is the highest percent of those who have no confidence in being able to retire. Even for those who are planning on retirement, savings were reported down.
Of the U.S. workers surveyed, 57 percent have less than $25,000 in household savings and investments not including a home.
The problem of low savings is increased as the life expectancy rate grows, the article indicates. Even the amount of workers saving has dropped from 75 percent in 2009 to 66 percent now.
More companies are getting rid of traditional pensions, accoring to the Wall Street Journal. The pensions have become a much smaller component to retirement savings over the past 30 years.
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development