Retiring is a hope that 28 percent of Americans said they will never be able to afford, according to an article by the Wall Street Journal.
In a study that has covered 23 years, the report indicates this is the highest percent of those who have no confidence in being able to retire. Even for those who are planning on retirement, savings were reported down.
Of the U.S. workers surveyed, 57 percent have less than $25,000 in household savings and investments not including a home.
The problem of low savings is increased as the life expectancy rate grows, the article indicates. Even the amount of workers saving has dropped from 75 percent in 2009 to 66 percent now.
More companies are getting rid of traditional pensions, accoring to the Wall Street Journal. The pensions have become a much smaller component to retirement savings over the past 30 years.
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths