Retiring is a hope that 28 percent of Americans said they will never be able to afford, according to an article by the Wall Street Journal.
In a study that has covered 23 years, the report indicates this is the highest percent of those who have no confidence in being able to retire. Even for those who are planning on retirement, savings were reported down.
Of the U.S. workers surveyed, 57 percent have less than $25,000 in household savings and investments not including a home.
The problem of low savings is increased as the life expectancy rate grows, the article indicates. Even the amount of workers saving has dropped from 75 percent in 2009 to 66 percent now.
More companies are getting rid of traditional pensions, accoring to the Wall Street Journal. The pensions have become a much smaller component to retirement savings over the past 30 years.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night