Retiring is a hope that 28 percent of Americans said they will never be able to afford, according to an article by the Wall Street Journal.
In a study that has covered 23 years, the report indicates this is the highest percent of those who have no confidence in being able to retire. Even for those who are planning on retirement, savings were reported down.
Of the U.S. workers surveyed, 57 percent have less than $25,000 in household savings and investments not including a home.
The problem of low savings is increased as the life expectancy rate grows, the article indicates. Even the amount of workers saving has dropped from 75 percent in 2009 to 66 percent now.
More companies are getting rid of traditional pensions, accoring to the Wall Street Journal. The pensions have become a much smaller component to retirement savings over the past 30 years.
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them