PHOENIX — Arizona is now in the top 10 states for car insurance rates, a website said.
Insure.com said Arizonans paying about $1,200 dollars annually for car insurance, about $300 dollars below the national average.
Nicole Farr with Arizona Insurance Council said one of the reasons the rate fell was due to high gas prices, but the main reason was the drop in car thefts.
“We have some great programs here. The Arizona Department of Insurance fraud unit as well as the Arizona Auto Theft Authority, they have bait cars and that has helped reduce auto theft in recent years.”
Another factor in our cheaper insurance is that Arizona has been spared from catastrophes such as Superstorm Sandy and a repeat of the 2010 hail storm that left billions of dollars in damage to Valley homes and cars.
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them