PHOENIX — Arizona is now in the top 10 states for car insurance rates, a website said.
Insure.com said Arizonans paying about $1,200 dollars annually for car insurance, about $300 dollars below the national average.
Nicole Farr with Arizona Insurance Council said one of the reasons the rate fell was due to high gas prices, but the main reason was the drop in car thefts.
“We have some great programs here. The Arizona Department of Insurance fraud unit as well as the Arizona Auto Theft Authority, they have bait cars and that has helped reduce auto theft in recent years.”
Another factor in our cheaper insurance is that Arizona has been spared from catastrophes such as Superstorm Sandy and a repeat of the 2010 hail storm that left billions of dollars in damage to Valley homes and cars.
- Affordable small home makeovers for Mother's Day
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life