PHOENIX — Phoenix youth ambassadors were selected to travel to eight of the city’s nine sister cities around the world.
These students were chosen based on their communication skills, maturity, flexibility, leadership and self-confidence.
Through the summer 25 high school sophomores and juniors will be living with a host family in their designated sister cities.
Then the family’s son or daughter will come to Phoenix in late July.
The Youth Ambassador Exchange Program offers students an opportunity to experience other cultures.
Hannah Blaile, Arizona School for the Arts; Margot Luna, Xavier College Prep and Brian Phalen, Arcadia High School, will travel to Catania, Italy.
Dane Hanson, Veritas Prep Academy; Chris Kenney, Arizona School for the Arts and Sophie Rabb, Thunderbird High School, will visit Chengdu, China.
Kayla Casey, Seton Catholic Prep; Jessica Meilech, Sunnyslope High School and Briana Quintero, La Joya High School; will spend their time in Ennis, Ireland.
Matthew Kaplan, Arizona School for the Arts; and
Sarah Wax, Chaparral High School will visit Grenoble, France.
Scott Fitsimores, Arizona School for the Arts;
Andrew Nicla, Mountain Pointe High School;
Anna Novacek, Shadow Mountain High School and
Arynn Spaulding, Mountain Pointe High School will be heading for Hermosillo, Mexico.
Hannah Daniel, Desert Vista High School; Sofie DeWulf, Arcadia High School; Martin Lopez and Brenda Luna, West Phoenix High School and
Ronek Padgaonkar, Thunderbird High School, will travel to Himeji, Japan.
Ofelia Pina, West Phoenix High School and Teresa Velasco, Mountain Pointe High School, will be in Ramat-Gan, Israel.
Joseph Hernandez, West Phoenix High School; Grayson Kelly, Brophy College Prep and Heather Kendall, Desert Vista High School, will spend the summer in Taipei, Taiwan.
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy