PHOENIX — The last 90 days of weather in the Valley have been a blend of about everything: record heat and cold in January and record rainfall.
The high country had a series of snowstorms that dumped several feet of snow which is well on the way toward melting off because of the warmer temperatures.
Chris Kuhlman with the National Weather Service said he expects temperatures this spring to be above normal.
“We will definitely see a few days of 100 degrees in April. We already hit 95 last week.”
Not only will springtime be a bit warmer than usual, it will be drier.
“We have about another month to get any weather systems in here with rain,” said Kuhlman. “Typically it is rare to get rainfall in the month of May.”
Kuhlman said Phoenix can expect an atypically hot summertime. Last year, the Valley had one of the top 10 hottest summers on record.
The all-time record high in Phoenix was 122 degrees on June 26, 1990. The Valley came close to reaching that mark July 2, 2011 when it was 118.
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America