PHOENIX — The last 90 days of weather in the Valley have been a blend of about everything: record heat and cold in January and record rainfall.
The high country had a series of snowstorms that dumped several feet of snow which is well on the way toward melting off because of the warmer temperatures.
Chris Kuhlman with the National Weather Service said he expects temperatures this spring to be above normal.
“We will definitely see a few days of 100 degrees in April. We already hit 95 last week.”
Not only will springtime be a bit warmer than usual, it will be drier.
“We have about another month to get any weather systems in here with rain,” said Kuhlman. “Typically it is rare to get rainfall in the month of May.”
Kuhlman said Phoenix can expect an atypically hot summertime. Last year, the Valley had one of the top 10 hottest summers on record.
The all-time record high in Phoenix was 122 degrees on June 26, 1990. The Valley came close to reaching that mark July 2, 2011 when it was 118.
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them