Minimum wage and productivity are not keeping pace with each other stated Senator Elizabeth Warren in a hearing of the Health, Education, Labor and Pensions Committee last week.
According to Policy Mic, if minimum wage and productivity had kept pace with each other between 1960 and today the minimum wage would be $22.
A $22 minimum wage would mean someone earning the minimum wage would earn about the same as the median worker does today. That gigantic increase would make American labor uncompetitive and many firms would go out of business.
Bringing the minimum wage up to $22 would shock the economy forcing many employers to eliminate jobs.
Instead, the Senate is fighting to move it to $10 minimum, where it would have been if back in 1968 minimum wage was tied to inflation.
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy