PHOENIX — An unruly passenger forced an American Airlines flight to land at Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport on Tuesday.
An airline spokesman said the passenger was on Flight 2232 from San Jose To Dallas-Fort Worth when the disturbance happened. The pilot landed in Phoenix, where the 26-year-old passenger, who may have been intoxicated, was taken off the plane.
The flight continued on to Dallas. It arrived about 1:30 late.
There were 101 people on the plane, including a crew of five.
The passenger has not been identified.
- Weekend wrap-up: Biggest Arizona-related stories from this past weekend
- Why wasn’t Arizona chosen for Amazon’s second headquarters?
- Phoenix-area programs awarded $26 million to give shelter to homeless
- Search for missing Phoenix woman comes to end; no remains found
- Lyft added $59 million to Phoenix economy in 2017