PHOENIX — An unruly passenger forced an American Airlines flight to land at Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport on Tuesday.
An airline spokesman said the passenger was on Flight 2232 from San Jose To Dallas-Fort Worth when the disturbance happened. The pilot landed in Phoenix, where the 26-year-old passenger, who may have been intoxicated, was taken off the plane.
The flight continued on to Dallas. It arrived about 1:30 late.
There were 101 people on the plane, including a crew of five.
The passenger has not been identified.
- Utah couple gives birth to quintuplets at Phoenix hospital
- Another I-10 ramp to close for South Mountain Freeway construction
- Crash shuts down part of US 93, slows traffic between Phoenix and Las Vegas
- This neighborhood has fastest rising rents, home values in Phoenix area
- Phoenix pastor meets with Pence, Ivanka Trump at White House