PHOENIX — An unruly passenger forced an American Airlines flight to land at Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport on Tuesday.
An airline spokesman said the passenger was on Flight 2232 from San Jose To Dallas-Fort Worth when the disturbance happened. The pilot landed in Phoenix, where the 26-year-old passenger, who may have been intoxicated, was taken off the plane.
The flight continued on to Dallas. It arrived about 1:30 late.
There were 101 people on the plane, including a crew of five.
The passenger has not been identified.
- McDowell Mountain Music Festival announces its March lineup
- Phoenix neighborhood to get cheap access to bike share after grant
- Here are some tips for those traveling out of Arizona this Thanksgiving
- Tampa Bay QB Jameis Winston denies groping Uber driver in Scottsdale
- Silver Alert canceled after missing 68-year-old Phoenix woman found safe