PHOENIX — An unruly passenger forced an American Airlines flight to land at Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport on Tuesday.
An airline spokesman said the passenger was on Flight 2232 from San Jose To Dallas-Fort Worth when the disturbance happened. The pilot landed in Phoenix, where the 26-year-old passenger, who may have been intoxicated, was taken off the plane.
The flight continued on to Dallas. It arrived about 1:30 late.
There were 101 people on the plane, including a crew of five.
The passenger has not been identified.
- Phoenix PD searching for suspect in connection to officer involved shooting
- Southbound I-17 reopened at Indian School Road after police incident
- Downtown Donut Festival to be held in Phoenix in November
- Mac is back: Best Phoenix-area spots for National Mac and Cheese Day
- Twenty One Pilots to bring international tour to Phoenix this year