PHOENIX — An unruly passenger forced an American Airlines flight to land at Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport on Tuesday.
An airline spokesman said the passenger was on Flight 2232 from San Jose To Dallas-Fort Worth when the disturbance happened. The pilot landed in Phoenix, where the 26-year-old passenger, who may have been intoxicated, was taken off the plane.
The flight continued on to Dallas. It arrived about 1:30 late.
There were 101 people on the plane, including a crew of five.
The passenger has not been identified.
- Phoenix ranks best city in nation for fall weather, survey finds
- Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport to raise parking rates
- Campus museum honors Colangelo, ‘godfather’ of Phoenix pro sports
- Tempe introduces program to give jobs, living assistance to homeless
- Frontier Airlines to start offering flights between Phoenix, Orlando