New Phoenix resident Meredith Grant was left livid after her move from Staten Island left her dog in Ireland.
According to NBCNews, Hendrix, a 6-year-old English Springer, was sent to the Emerald Island instead of Phoenix after a mistake by United Airlines.
Edith Lombardo-Albach, Grant’s mother, told her daughter about Hendrick’s unplanned vacation. Grant said she was shocked, upset and left completely without trust for United Airlines.
“I would absolutely never ship my dog with United again. Next time, I’m just going to drive and make sure he’s with me so nothing like this happens again.”
After United Airlines realized the mistake, the dog was hastily returned to its owner within 24 hours. However, Grant said Hendrix was behaving out of his nature.
“He was exhausted. When we got home, he laid down and I had to keep poking him to make sure he was still breathing,” Grant said. “He’s been acting a little weird, like he’ll just sit and cry.”
Though the airline has offered to refund Grant, she is still upset. It is unknown how Hendrix was shipped to Ireland instead of Phoenix.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments