New Phoenix resident Meredith Grant was left livid after her move from Staten Island left her dog in Ireland.
According to NBCNews, Hendrix, a 6-year-old English Springer, was sent to the Emerald Island instead of Phoenix after a mistake by United Airlines.
Edith Lombardo-Albach, Grant’s mother, told her daughter about Hendrick’s unplanned vacation. Grant said she was shocked, upset and left completely without trust for United Airlines.
“I would absolutely never ship my dog with United again. Next time, I’m just going to drive and make sure he’s with me so nothing like this happens again.”
After United Airlines realized the mistake, the dog was hastily returned to its owner within 24 hours. However, Grant said Hendrix was behaving out of his nature.
“He was exhausted. When we got home, he laid down and I had to keep poking him to make sure he was still breathing,” Grant said. “He’s been acting a little weird, like he’ll just sit and cry.”
Though the airline has offered to refund Grant, she is still upset. It is unknown how Hendrix was shipped to Ireland instead of Phoenix.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon