PHOENIX — Multiple crashes closed the eastbound lanes of Interstate 10 near the Phoenix area on Tuesday, the Arizona Department of Transportation said.
Traffic was forced to exit at Riggs Road. ADOT said drivers should consider taking State Route 347 south to Interstate 8 east in order to rejoin I-10. They can also take State Route 87 and State Route 587 south to reconnect to I-10.
The freeway was reopened about 3 p.m.
- Wrong-way driver killed in wreck on Red Mountain 202 in Mesa
- US military helicopter crashes in western Iraq, injuries unknown
- Finalists unveiled in second Arizona creative freeway sign contest
- Suspect arrested in connection to hit-and-run crash at Bartlett Lake
- Number of fatalities involving older drivers on the rise in Arizona