A man who was wearing war paint and covered in blood was arrested Monday after a concerned neighbor called police.
Matthew Anderson, 30, was arrested after a neighbor called police twice claiming Anderson was yelling about guns. The neighbor recorded Anderson making threats about shooting people.
When police responded to Anderson’s townhome at 510 N. Alma School Road, he emerged from the home with his hands covered in blood. He also threatened to shoot the officers, who tased him.
Officers entered the home after arresting Anderson. Inside they found tactical gear and several weapons.
“It’s not common for us to come into contact with someone who has several weapons, tactical gear and have war paint on himself,” said Mesa Police Detective Diana Williams.
It also appeared that Anderson barricaded the front door of the home with a mattress and broke a window.
Williams said it is unknown if Anderson was using some kind of substance.
Anderson was charged with threatening, disorderly conduct and weapon possession by a prohibited person.
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick