A man who was wearing war paint and covered in blood was arrested Monday after a concerned neighbor called police.
Matthew Anderson, 30, was arrested after a neighbor called police twice claiming Anderson was yelling about guns. The neighbor recorded Anderson making threats about shooting people.
When police responded to Anderson’s townhome at 510 N. Alma School Road, he emerged from the home with his hands covered in blood. He also threatened to shoot the officers, who tased him.
Officers entered the home after arresting Anderson. Inside they found tactical gear and several weapons.
“It’s not common for us to come into contact with someone who has several weapons, tactical gear and have war paint on himself,” said Mesa Police Detective Diana Williams.
It also appeared that Anderson barricaded the front door of the home with a mattress and broke a window.
Williams said it is unknown if Anderson was using some kind of substance.
Anderson was charged with threatening, disorderly conduct and weapon possession by a prohibited person.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development