A man who was wearing war paint and covered in blood was arrested Monday after a concerned neighbor called police.
Matthew Anderson, 30, was arrested after a neighbor called police twice claiming Anderson was yelling about guns. The neighbor recorded Anderson making threats about shooting people.
When police responded to Anderson’s townhome at 510 N. Alma School Road, he emerged from the home with his hands covered in blood. He also threatened to shoot the officers, who tased him.
Officers entered the home after arresting Anderson. Inside they found tactical gear and several weapons.
“It’s not common for us to come into contact with someone who has several weapons, tactical gear and have war paint on himself,” said Mesa Police Detective Diana Williams.
It also appeared that Anderson barricaded the front door of the home with a mattress and broke a window.
Williams said it is unknown if Anderson was using some kind of substance.
Anderson was charged with threatening, disorderly conduct and weapon possession by a prohibited person.
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.