PHOENIX — Hundreds of people armed with resumes packed a conference room at the Airport Marriott in Phoenix on Monday for the Greater Phoenix Job Fair.
Companies from a variety of industries met one-on-one with prospective employees to fill upwards of 500 positions.
“Big companies, State Farm for example, who is here today, is looking to fill 500 positions,” said LocalWork.com President and CEO Ryan Naylor, who organized the event. “They’re positions they could have filled in other markets, but they are so impressed with the Phoenix market, the talent pool, the opportunity here, so they’re choosing to relocate a lot of those jobs here.”
Monday’s job fair represents one of six scheduled for this year. Visit localwork.com to find out when the next event will take place.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon