PHOENIX — The Republican party’s plan to attract minority voters isn’t going to be effective, in the opinion of a Valley political analyst.
KTAR political analyst Mike O’Neil said the $10 million outreach campaign is a drop in the bucket and likely won’t work because the party remains fractured on immigration reform.
O’Neil said some party members are hostile to the issue. Mitt Romney took less than 30 percent of the Hispanic vote in November’s presidential election.
“This feels like a futile effort until they decide on a policy level what they want to do. This won’t be overcome with a six-month public relations campaign because their problems run far, far deeper.”
O’Neil said it could take decades for the GOP to build trust with minority voters, if ever.
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.