PHOENIX — The Republican party’s plan to attract minority voters isn’t going to be effective, in the opinion of a Valley political analyst.
KTAR political analyst Mike O’Neil said the $10 million outreach campaign is a drop in the bucket and likely won’t work because the party remains fractured on immigration reform.
O’Neil said some party members are hostile to the issue. Mitt Romney took less than 30 percent of the Hispanic vote in November’s presidential election.
“This feels like a futile effort until they decide on a policy level what they want to do. This won’t be overcome with a six-month public relations campaign because their problems run far, far deeper.”
O’Neil said it could take decades for the GOP to build trust with minority voters, if ever.
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy