PHOENIX — By air, land and sea, a former Border Patrol commander said the Mexican drug cartels are using old school and high-tech methods to get their product into the United States.
Ron Colburn said the cartels use catapults to launch drugs into Arizona in addition to dropping pot from ultralight aircraft. And the underground routes continue to be popular as tunnels are being located more often.
“One of these days the entire city of Nogales is going to drop fifty feet because of so many tunnels beneath it.”
And it’s not just below ground activity, it’s underwater too. The cartels are using submarines to move their product.
“They run these small motherlode subs out to sea to meet up with fishing boats and other watercraft off the coast of Southern California.”
With the billions of dollars they have stashed, Colburn said the cartels can buy whatever they need to keep their drug trade going.
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development