PHOENIX — By air, land and sea, a former Border Patrol commander said the Mexican drug cartels are using old school and high-tech methods to get their product into the United States.
Ron Colburn said the cartels use catapults to launch drugs into Arizona in addition to dropping pot from ultralight aircraft. And the underground routes continue to be popular as tunnels are being located more often.
“One of these days the entire city of Nogales is going to drop fifty feet because of so many tunnels beneath it.”
And it’s not just below ground activity, it’s underwater too. The cartels are using submarines to move their product.
“They run these small motherlode subs out to sea to meet up with fishing boats and other watercraft off the coast of Southern California.”
With the billions of dollars they have stashed, Colburn said the cartels can buy whatever they need to keep their drug trade going.
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick