PHOENIX — There’s an alleged facial phenomenon happening and your smartphone could be to blame.
The term “Smartphone face” was actually coined by a British cosmetic surgeon who said if you sit for hours with your head bent forward, staring at the screen, you could shorten your neck muscles and increase the gravitational pull on the jowl area.
Could your sagging skin, droopy jowls or double chin really have anything to do with technology? Phoenix plastic surgeon, Dr. Ramon Robles, said he believes it actually has more to do with genes and the inevitable aging process.
“Everything he describes happens naturally as we age. As we age, our skin begins to sag, the skin on our neck loosens and jowls,” said Dr. Robles.
However, he said that a person could accelerate the aging process by keeping your face at a particular angle for extended periods of time.
Fortunately, if you are noticing the signs of aging, whether it’s from just growing older or too much technology, there’s no need to go under the knife. A simple syringe could do the trick.
“Fillers like Juvederm, Restylane or Botox,” said Dr. Robles.
For more information, visit the Robles Plastic Surgery website.
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths