PHOENIX — A Valley travel expert said despite recent problems on Carnival cruises, people don’t appear to be having second thoughts about getting on board.
Louie Thiele is the co-host of KTAR’s Sunday afternoon travel show. He said very few people have cancelled their cruise.
“They’re all thinking, as many people did on the last two ships that got into trouble, ‘they had that terrible problem on the Triumph, what are the chances of it happening again?’
“The problem that Carnival is very concerned about is their company image going forward, and their future bookings,” Thiele said.
Thiele said three percent of the American population has taken a cruise in the past year, and that’s a lot of people. Bookings were up overall in 2012, but dipped in the later part of the year.
Carnival’s president recently announced the cruise line will go through a complete mechanical review of its ships.
Thiele said the company must improve the damage to its image that has been caused by the recent mishaps, and may have to lower prices to lure more people in.
“Carnival is beginning a brand perception problem, and that could cause the company to have to look at a price reduction,” Thiele said.
He does not know when that might happen.
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy