PHOENIX — A lot of people are being bothered by allergies in the Valley.
Tempe St. Luke’s Doctor David Mendelson said many of them are showing up at his office.
“We’re seeing a big increase in allergies,” said Mendelson. “Especially with the rain that we’ve been getting. That increases growth and pollen counts. The desert is starting to bloom.”
When asked what is blooming in the desert, Mendelson said “it’s almost what’s not blooming. We have a lot of trees, and grass and flowers.”
If you have allergies, Mendelson said closing the windows and using a filter at home can help you.
“I recommend using one that has a hepa filter,” said Mendelson. “That purifies the air in the home. I recommend putting that in the bedroom, let it run 24 hours a day, and close the bedroom door so that at least you have purified air in the bedroom.”
There are some over the counter medications that can help. Mendelson recommends Claritan, Allegra, and Zyrtec. He said if those don’t work, you should consider seeing your doctor.
Mendelson said allergies will probably subside once temperatures reach 100 degrees, but allergy season will start again in the fall when temperatures go down.
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them