GOODYEAR, Ariz. — During a routine patrol in Goodyear, a police officer found a pickup truck parked at the end of Cotton Lane Bridge. When he went to check on it, he didn’t see anyone inside but decided to take a look around.
Lisa Kutis with Goodyear police said what the officer found was a young man, face down in the dirt.
“The man was disoriented, possibly dehydrated and we had been concerned he had possibly fallen,” Kutis said.
But the man wasn’t alone, his best friend was watching over him.
“It’s truly amazing how this man’s dog stood by his side and just was not willing to leave him,” Kutis said.
The man was taken to the hospital where doctors found he broke his back in two places. The dog and the truck were turned over to relatives.
Police don’t suspect any foul play.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon