GOODYEAR, Ariz. — During a routine patrol in Goodyear, a police officer found a pickup truck parked at the end of Cotton Lane Bridge. When he went to check on it, he didn’t see anyone inside but decided to take a look around.
Lisa Kutis with Goodyear police said what the officer found was a young man, face down in the dirt.
“The man was disoriented, possibly dehydrated and we had been concerned he had possibly fallen,” Kutis said.
But the man wasn’t alone, his best friend was watching over him.
“It’s truly amazing how this man’s dog stood by his side and just was not willing to leave him,” Kutis said.
The man was taken to the hospital where doctors found he broke his back in two places. The dog and the truck were turned over to relatives.
Police don’t suspect any foul play.
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food