GOODYEAR, Ariz. — During a routine patrol in Goodyear, a police officer found a pickup truck parked at the end of Cotton Lane Bridge. When he went to check on it, he didn’t see anyone inside but decided to take a look around.
Lisa Kutis with Goodyear police said what the officer found was a young man, face down in the dirt.
“The man was disoriented, possibly dehydrated and we had been concerned he had possibly fallen,” Kutis said.
But the man wasn’t alone, his best friend was watching over him.
“It’s truly amazing how this man’s dog stood by his side and just was not willing to leave him,” Kutis said.
The man was taken to the hospital where doctors found he broke his back in two places. The dog and the truck were turned over to relatives.
Police don’t suspect any foul play.
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck