PHOENIX — If you perform a good deed in the Valley, you may just earn yourself a free bite to eat.
“Letting someone take a parking spot, returning a shopping cart, letting someone get on a bus ahead of you. It doesn’t have to be significant, it’s just about caring the people with whom we live,” said Randy Mettler with Duck & Decanter Restaurant.
The restaurant has been on a mission to effect change and promote kindness and generosity in the community in which we live. They teamed up with Peer Solutions, a non-profit created to “to cultivate healthy communities through Stand & Serve, a primary prevention initiative fostering safety, equality and respect as norms.”
The kids who participate are armed with Nooner sandwich coupons.
“If someone is observed doing something right, they can be rewarded with a free Nooner,” said Mettler, adding that everyone benefits from this effort.
The kids recognize the good in people, and someone’s good deed will not go unnoticed.
Mettler hopes other business will follow suit.
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas