PHOENIX — If you perform a good deed in the Valley, you may just earn yourself a free bite to eat.
“Letting someone take a parking spot, returning a shopping cart, letting someone get on a bus ahead of you. It doesn’t have to be significant, it’s just about caring the people with whom we live,” said Randy Mettler with Duck & Decanter Restaurant.
The restaurant has been on a mission to effect change and promote kindness and generosity in the community in which we live. They teamed up with Peer Solutions, a non-profit created to “to cultivate healthy communities through Stand & Serve, a primary prevention initiative fostering safety, equality and respect as norms.”
The kids who participate are armed with Nooner sandwich coupons.
“If someone is observed doing something right, they can be rewarded with a free Nooner,” said Mettler, adding that everyone benefits from this effort.
The kids recognize the good in people, and someone’s good deed will not go unnoticed.
Mettler hopes other business will follow suit.
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food