PHOENIX — If you perform a good deed in the Valley, you may just earn yourself a free bite to eat.
“Letting someone take a parking spot, returning a shopping cart, letting someone get on a bus ahead of you. It doesn’t have to be significant, it’s just about caring the people with whom we live,” said Randy Mettler with Duck & Decanter Restaurant.
The restaurant has been on a mission to effect change and promote kindness and generosity in the community in which we live. They teamed up with Peer Solutions, a non-profit created to “to cultivate healthy communities through Stand & Serve, a primary prevention initiative fostering safety, equality and respect as norms.”
The kids who participate are armed with Nooner sandwich coupons.
“If someone is observed doing something right, they can be rewarded with a free Nooner,” said Mettler, adding that everyone benefits from this effort.
The kids recognize the good in people, and someone’s good deed will not go unnoticed.
Mettler hopes other business will follow suit.
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl