PHOENIX — This is a good weekend for you to give a pet a good home.
About 1,000 dogs and cats will be up for adoption during the PetSmart Charities Adoption event Saturday and Sunday at Veteran’s Memorial Coliseum in Phoenix.
“This is going to be great for the animals of Maricopa County,” said Maricopa County Animal Care and Control Public Information Officer Audie Greybear. “Those that need a home will find a home.”
Greybear said free spay and neuter services will be offered at the event.
“We have a free spay and neuter clinic for cats and dogs,” she said. “The check in will begin at 7 a.m. both days. People are asked to line up much earlier than that because there is a limited amount of pets that we will take both days.”
Other free services will also be available.
“We will be also having a free rabies vaccination clinic,” said Greybear. “Also, we’ll have a free wellness exam for your pets with the purchase of a four-in-one vaccine for dogs, and a three-in-one vaccine for cats.”
The vaccine cost is $23 for dogs and $27 for cats.
Pets can also get microchipped for $10.
For more information, go to maricopa.gov/Pets or call (602) 506-PETS.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments