PHOENIX — This is a good weekend for you to give a pet a good home.
About 1,000 dogs and cats will be up for adoption during the PetSmart Charities Adoption event Saturday and Sunday at Veteran’s Memorial Coliseum in Phoenix.
“This is going to be great for the animals of Maricopa County,” said Maricopa County Animal Care and Control Public Information Officer Audie Greybear. “Those that need a home will find a home.”
Greybear said free spay and neuter services will be offered at the event.
“We have a free spay and neuter clinic for cats and dogs,” she said. “The check in will begin at 7 a.m. both days. People are asked to line up much earlier than that because there is a limited amount of pets that we will take both days.”
Other free services will also be available.
“We will be also having a free rabies vaccination clinic,” said Greybear. “Also, we’ll have a free wellness exam for your pets with the purchase of a four-in-one vaccine for dogs, and a three-in-one vaccine for cats.”
The vaccine cost is $23 for dogs and $27 for cats.
Pets can also get microchipped for $10.
For more information, go to maricopa.gov/Pets or call (602) 506-PETS.
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development