Phoenix houses some of the most energy-efficient buildings in the country.
According to Phoenix Business Journal, Phoenix was ranked ninth in America for cities for energy-efficient buildings.
Slowly over the past six years Phoenix has climbed the list of Energy-Star certified spaces, as the city was ranked numbed 22 in 2008, 20 in 2009 and 13th just last year.
One of the primary reasons for Phoenix’s high ranking, is because of its 202 certified buildings that occupy 31.6-million-square-feet, which save $34.4 million as opposed to uncertified buildings.
Though energy efficient buildings are helpful to the environment, they are also economically helpful to developers as well.
Developers were finding that if they invested a little money up front in newer energy-efficient designs it saved a lot of money when you consider a building might last decades.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development