Phoenix houses some of the most energy-efficient buildings in the country.
According to Phoenix Business Journal, Phoenix was ranked ninth in America for cities for energy-efficient buildings.
Slowly over the past six years Phoenix has climbed the list of Energy-Star certified spaces, as the city was ranked numbed 22 in 2008, 20 in 2009 and 13th just last year.
One of the primary reasons for Phoenix’s high ranking, is because of its 202 certified buildings that occupy 31.6-million-square-feet, which save $34.4 million as opposed to uncertified buildings.
Though energy efficient buildings are helpful to the environment, they are also economically helpful to developers as well.
Developers were finding that if they invested a little money up front in newer energy-efficient designs it saved a lot of money when you consider a building might last decades.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night