PHOENIX — Tucson residents, rejoice!
Yes, I know what you’re probably thinking: Hot dogs? At a Mexican restaurant? Is this a joke? Luckily for you, it’s not!
The Tucson joint is known for its spin on the classic dog, which includes a bacon-wrapped hot dog topped with pinto beans, jalapeño sauce, tomatoes, onions, mustard and mayo.
(And really, how could you resist?)
The folks at El Guero Canelo aren’t new at this, either; The restaurant has been serving families in Tucson since Daniel Conteras opened the joint in 1993. Since then, Conteras has gone on to open up three more locations and a meat market in Tucson before opening a Phoenix location this September.
So whenever you’re down in the Dirty T or up in Phoenix, go on and check out the place.
You never know what you’re missing!
- ADOT to install technology to help detect dust storms on I-10
- Dignity Health program preps joint replacement patients for surgery, recovery
- County to purchase ranch for $1.55M to expand park system
- Blowing dust advisory issued for Maricopa, Pinal counties
- Arizona woman finishes 2nd at Nathan’s hot dog eating contest