PHOENIX — Tucson residents, rejoice!
Yes, I know what you’re probably thinking: Hot dogs? At a Mexican restaurant? Is this a joke? Luckily for you, it’s not!
The Tucson joint is known for its spin on the classic dog, which includes a bacon-wrapped hot dog topped with pinto beans, jalapeño sauce, tomatoes, onions, mustard and mayo.
(And really, how could you resist?)
The folks at El Guero Canelo aren’t new at this, either; The restaurant has been serving families in Tucson since Daniel Conteras opened the joint in 1993. Since then, Conteras has gone on to open up three more locations and a meat market in Tucson before opening a Phoenix location this September.
So whenever you’re down in the Dirty T or up in Phoenix, go on and check out the place.
You never know what you’re missing!
- Flagstaff city leaders vote to not do business with border-wall contractors
- Tucson police arrest 80-year-old man in bank robbery case
- Newborn boy found abandoned in Tucson airport restroom
- Pima County using full-body scanners to screen inmates for contraband
- Many ex-Tucson school district employees wrongly blacklisted