Scottsdale police are searching for a man suspected of carjacking a 70-year-old man on Tuesday.
The suspect approached the man’s vehicle about 11 a.m. in the parking lot of the Safeway at 10773 N. Scottsdale Road. He climbed into the passenger seat, pointed a gun at the man and demanded the keys. The man ran from the vehicle and the suspect left the parking lot in her vehicle.
The man was not injured.
The suspect is described as being a male in his 20s in a dark hoodie, jeans and a light-colored hat. The suspect has a medium build, brown hair and a scruffy beard. He may be driving the stolen vehicle, described as being a 2002 white Lexus RX 300 with Oregon plate YWJ343.
Anyone with information on this case is asked to contact the Scottsdale Police Department at (480) 312-TIPS.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon