PHOENIX — This won’t come as a shock to Arizonans used to winter visitors, but two of the state’s cities have been named top warm-weather getaways.
Financial website WalletHub said Phoenix was the fourth-best warm-weather vacation spot in the nation, followed immediately by Tucson.
Both cities fared very well when it comes to local costs — the price of a three-star hotel and the cost of living, again accounting for the fourth and fifth spots on the list.
Phoenix bested Tucson in two categories: weather conditions and travel costs and hassles. Basically, Phoenix’s weather is slightly more optimal, it’s a little easier to get around and just a hair cheaper.
But Tucson topped the state’s capital city in one category: attractions. Apparently there’s just a little bit more for visitors to do in the Old Pueblo when compared to the Valley of the Sun.
Las Vegas took the top prize as the best warm-weather getaway.
San Diego and Los Angeles also beat Arizona, which isn’t fair. They have beaches and stuff.
- Three Arizona restaurants recognized with James Beard Awards
- Phoenix man sentenced to prison for planning ISIS-inspired attack
- Arizona man reels in fish with human-like teeth at a Tucson lake
- Phoenix trial set for man accused of making bomb parts for jihadists
- Weekend wrap-up: Biggest Arizona-related stories from this past weekend