PHOENIX — This won’t come as a shock to Arizonans used to winter visitors, but two of the state’s cities have been named top warm-weather getaways.
Financial website WalletHub said Phoenix was the fourth-best warm-weather vacation spot in the nation, followed immediately by Tucson.
Both cities fared very well when it comes to local costs — the price of a three-star hotel and the cost of living, again accounting for the fourth and fifth spots on the list.
Phoenix bested Tucson in two categories: weather conditions and travel costs and hassles. Basically, Phoenix’s weather is slightly more optimal, it’s a little easier to get around and just a hair cheaper.
But Tucson topped the state’s capital city in one category: attractions. Apparently there’s just a little bit more for visitors to do in the Old Pueblo when compared to the Valley of the Sun.
Las Vegas took the top prize as the best warm-weather getaway.
San Diego and Los Angeles also beat Arizona, which isn’t fair. They have beaches and stuff.
- Phoenix neighborhood to get cheap access to bike share after grant
- Here are some tips for those traveling out of Arizona this Thanksgiving
- Tampa Bay QB Jameis Winston denies groping Uber driver in Scottsdale
- Silver Alert issued for missing 68-year-old Phoenix woman
- Off Central: Phoenix man works as auctioneer for more than 30 years