The Mesa Arts Center plans to expand its facility for a better sense of community and a desire to build a more modern look.
According to the East Valley Tribune, the center’s renovation plans are intended to generate more artistic creativity among the city’s residents.
Cindy Ornstein, the executive director of the Mesa Arts Center, recently commented on the proposed renovations.
“All of them are geared toward creating a place for the community to gather, socialize, share ideas and celebrate its own creativity. It is meant to further develop the north end of our campus into a more flexible and usable space and a place that will be highly activated. Right now, it’s a quiet part of the campus relatively,” Ornstein said.
The plans would allow for anyone to submit art in any media form on the center’s new interactive community message boards.
The Mesa Art Center’s expansion project is part of a larger effort to transform the city, as it continues to welcome different college campuses and universities in its downtown area.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon