Phoenix is seeing a faster growing technology job sector.
According to Phoenix Business Journal, Phoenix had a 13 percent increase in job listings for technology jobs over the past year.
The rapid growth is not much of a surprise to some, due to the recent science and math pushes in education.
“The fastest-growing cities in the country when it comes to technology jobs posted on Dice may have been unexpected in the past,” said Tom Silver, senior vice president of Dice.com. “But, with communities coming together to support start-ups, court large employers and fund STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) education initiatives – no one should be surprised that ‘traditional tech centers’ needs a new definition.”
Along with expansion in the job sector, those with technology jobs also saw a 12 percent increase in salary.
Max Hansen, CEO of Phoenix based Job Brokers Inc., explained that the rapid growth may be due to more than just education initiatives.
“Not only is the entrepreneurial landscape of Arizona driving the increase, I believe passive candidates who are currently employed are now feeling confident enough in the employment market to leave their jobs. In most cases, these high-demand employees are not only looking for more money, but more meaningful work where they can leave a bigger impact.”
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food