Phoenix is seeing a faster growing technology job sector.
According to Phoenix Business Journal, Phoenix had a 13 percent increase in job listings for technology jobs over the past year.
The rapid growth is not much of a surprise to some, due to the recent science and math pushes in education.
“The fastest-growing cities in the country when it comes to technology jobs posted on Dice may have been unexpected in the past,” said Tom Silver, senior vice president of Dice.com. “But, with communities coming together to support start-ups, court large employers and fund STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) education initiatives – no one should be surprised that ‘traditional tech centers’ needs a new definition.”
Along with expansion in the job sector, those with technology jobs also saw a 12 percent increase in salary.
Max Hansen, CEO of Phoenix based Job Brokers Inc., explained that the rapid growth may be due to more than just education initiatives.
“Not only is the entrepreneurial landscape of Arizona driving the increase, I believe passive candidates who are currently employed are now feeling confident enough in the employment market to leave their jobs. In most cases, these high-demand employees are not only looking for more money, but more meaningful work where they can leave a bigger impact.”
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments