Phoenix is seeing a faster growing technology job sector.
According to Phoenix Business Journal, Phoenix had a 13 percent increase in job listings for technology jobs over the past year.
The rapid growth is not much of a surprise to some, due to the recent science and math pushes in education.
“The fastest-growing cities in the country when it comes to technology jobs posted on Dice may have been unexpected in the past,” said Tom Silver, senior vice president of Dice.com. “But, with communities coming together to support start-ups, court large employers and fund STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) education initiatives – no one should be surprised that ‘traditional tech centers’ needs a new definition.”
Along with expansion in the job sector, those with technology jobs also saw a 12 percent increase in salary.
Max Hansen, CEO of Phoenix based Job Brokers Inc., explained that the rapid growth may be due to more than just education initiatives.
“Not only is the entrepreneurial landscape of Arizona driving the increase, I believe passive candidates who are currently employed are now feeling confident enough in the employment market to leave their jobs. In most cases, these high-demand employees are not only looking for more money, but more meaningful work where they can leave a bigger impact.”
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night