PHOENIX – Arizona travelers will have a bright new option for charter flying, as JetPurple Airwayz was slated to start operating from Scottsdale Airport next year, according to the Phoenix Business Journal.
The luxury airliner has a unique interior: the floors, seats and walls are decked out in purple.
“To my knowledge, no other carrier claims purple as its color,” JetPurple Airwayz President and CEO Adam Blumenkranz, said in a released statement.
The airline will fly from Scottsdale to San Diego, Las Vegas and Puerto Penasco, Mexico, four times a week, with flights costing from $300 to $500.
Flights from Scottsdale will include free snacks and soft drinks, and bags fly free as well.
The airline’s slogan is “private jet travel for the public,” Blumenkranz said.
- Car once owned by Nazi leader Adolf Hitler doesn’t sell in Scottsdale
- Main Street Minute: Nightspot to open in Scottsdale
- Hula’s Modern Tiki to close in Phoenix, relocate nearby
- Here are the Phoenix-area highway restrictions for Jan. 19 weekend
- Teenager killed in Scottsdale crash that tore car in half