PHOENIX – Arizona travelers will have a bright new option for charter flying, as JetPurple Airwayz was slated to start operating from Scottsdale Airport next year, according to the Phoenix Business Journal.
The luxury airliner has a unique interior: the floors, seats and walls are decked out in purple.
“To my knowledge, no other carrier claims purple as its color,” JetPurple Airwayz President and CEO Adam Blumenkranz, said in a released statement.
The airline will fly from Scottsdale to San Diego, Las Vegas and Puerto Penasco, Mexico, four times a week, with flights costing from $300 to $500.
Flights from Scottsdale will include free snacks and soft drinks, and bags fly free as well.
The airline’s slogan is “private jet travel for the public,” Blumenkranz said.
- Phoenix area posts second-largest increase in construction jobs in US
- Multiple Arizona cities chosen as top places to retire, Scottsdale ranks first
- Arizona dog currently up for adoption has long, unusual history
- Bad decisions probably caused plane crash that killed Scottsdale family
- Ex-Scottsdale cheerleading coach gets prison in sexual abuse case