Arizona State University’s Walter Cronkite School of Journalism and Mass Communication announced Friday that it would be extending its educational reach to the digital realm.
In an online press release, the school revealed that a new online Bachelor of Arts degree program in media studies will be available for students to take starting next fall.
“This innovative program provides a new option for students who want and need the flexibility offered by a fully online program,” Cronkite Dean Christopher Callahan said in the press released. “It will enable students around the world to take advantage of the world-class education offered by the Cronkite School and ASU, giving a broad-based liberal arts education with a focus on mass communication and media studies.”
Students in the program will still be required to complete ASU’s general education requirement, but will also have to take a core media and society class along with a media studies-based elective (International Mass Communication, Political Communication, Sports and Media and Visual Communication are just a few of the available options).
The program includes a star-studded cast of faculty members in the field of media studies, including Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist Stephen Doig, who formerly wrote for the Miami Herald.
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food