PHOENIX — A Phoenix church is hoping passersby in need will drop in and plug in.
The Creative Living Fellowship Church campus near Seventh Street and Glendale Avenue now is home to an electric-car charging station.
Thanks to a grant from ECOtality, church leaders said they are the first church in metro Phoenix to have an electric charging station.
“Let’s be leaders, let our spiritual communities be leaders in restoring Mother Earth. God gave her to us and we haven’t treated her very well,” said Rev. Michele Whittington, senior minister.
Creative Living Fellowship is the first faith community in Arizona to embrace the national GreenFaith Certification Program.
The charging station is open to anyone whose vehicle needs some juice.
“Come here and we’d be happy to charge you up,” said Whittington.
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy