A Chinese cosmetic treatment uses fire to burn away wrinkles and old age.
According to Dailymail, the Flame Facial is a new treatment being done in Chinese beauty salons that uses open flames to stimulate cell regeneration.
The procedure involves binding the person’s face in a towel soaked in alcohol and a special elixir with an ointment applied to the skin. After all is in place the towel is set on fire.
While this treatment is said to get rid of dullness, sagging, wrinkles and even the common cold there are still possible risks to the treatment.
Jacob Teitelbaum, author of Real Cause, Real Cure spoke to website Shine about the treatment, saying: ‘If you’re asking whether I would try this myself, the answer is no…’While alcohol will help carry whatever is in the elixir into the body, it’s not really necessary to light it on fire…’However, one explanation is that extreme heat triggers an adrenaline response which can shift your body’s chemistry, improving some symptoms like indigestion and slow metabolism.’
Though some have claimed that the treatment works, this could be just another fad passing through the cosmetic world.
- Affordable small home makeovers for Mother's Day
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life