A Chinese cosmetic treatment uses fire to burn away wrinkles and old age.
According to Dailymail, the Flame Facial is a new treatment being done in Chinese beauty salons that uses open flames to stimulate cell regeneration.
The procedure involves binding the person’s face in a towel soaked in alcohol and a special elixir with an ointment applied to the skin. After all is in place the towel is set on fire.
While this treatment is said to get rid of dullness, sagging, wrinkles and even the common cold there are still possible risks to the treatment.
Jacob Teitelbaum, author of Real Cause, Real Cure spoke to website Shine about the treatment, saying: ‘If you’re asking whether I would try this myself, the answer is no…’While alcohol will help carry whatever is in the elixir into the body, it’s not really necessary to light it on fire…’However, one explanation is that extreme heat triggers an adrenaline response which can shift your body’s chemistry, improving some symptoms like indigestion and slow metabolism.’
Though some have claimed that the treatment works, this could be just another fad passing through the cosmetic world.
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.