A recent study revealed that Americans remain hesitant to eat any products that contain horse meat in them.
According to YouGov.com, Americans were asked to choose what meats they would and would not consider eating, and horse meat was not among the more popular selections.
Only 13 percent said that they’ve eaten or would consider eating horse meat.
YouGov noted that seven percent of those polled had eaten or would eat dog, while six percent said they wouldn’t consume any of the available options.
The survey showed that Americans take much more kindly to ostrich (30 percent had eaten or would consider eating), alligator (34 percent had eaten or would consider eating), lamb (53 percent had eaten or would consider eating) and beef (87 percent had eaten or would consider eating).
YouGov added that responses were relatively split among U.S. consumers, as to whether they would eat a hamburger if they learned that horse meat was inside.
If horse meat was discovered in hamburgers in this country, American reactions were mostly evenly divided between not eating all pre-prepared hamburgers until meat was declared clear of horsemeat (22%), eating pre-prepared hamburgers made by brands not associated with horsemeat (21%), eating only hamburgers prepared at home (18%), and continuing to eat the same number of pre-prepared hamburgers from the same outlets/ brands (15%).
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development