A recent study revealed that Americans remain hesitant to eat any products that contain horse meat in them.
According to YouGov.com, Americans were asked to choose what meats they would and would not consider eating, and horse meat was not among the more popular selections.
Only 13 percent said that they’ve eaten or would consider eating horse meat.
YouGov noted that seven percent of those polled had eaten or would eat dog, while six percent said they wouldn’t consume any of the available options.
The survey showed that Americans take much more kindly to ostrich (30 percent had eaten or would consider eating), alligator (34 percent had eaten or would consider eating), lamb (53 percent had eaten or would consider eating) and beef (87 percent had eaten or would consider eating).
YouGov added that responses were relatively split among U.S. consumers, as to whether they would eat a hamburger if they learned that horse meat was inside.
If horse meat was discovered in hamburgers in this country, American reactions were mostly evenly divided between not eating all pre-prepared hamburgers until meat was declared clear of horsemeat (22%), eating pre-prepared hamburgers made by brands not associated with horsemeat (21%), eating only hamburgers prepared at home (18%), and continuing to eat the same number of pre-prepared hamburgers from the same outlets/ brands (15%).
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets