A recent study revealed that Americans remain hesitant to eat any products that contain horse meat in them.
According to YouGov.com, Americans were asked to choose what meats they would and would not consider eating, and horse meat was not among the more popular selections.
Only 13 percent said that they’ve eaten or would consider eating horse meat.
YouGov noted that seven percent of those polled had eaten or would eat dog, while six percent said they wouldn’t consume any of the available options.
The survey showed that Americans take much more kindly to ostrich (30 percent had eaten or would consider eating), alligator (34 percent had eaten or would consider eating), lamb (53 percent had eaten or would consider eating) and beef (87 percent had eaten or would consider eating).
YouGov added that responses were relatively split among U.S. consumers, as to whether they would eat a hamburger if they learned that horse meat was inside.
If horse meat was discovered in hamburgers in this country, American reactions were mostly evenly divided between not eating all pre-prepared hamburgers until meat was declared clear of horsemeat (22%), eating pre-prepared hamburgers made by brands not associated with horsemeat (21%), eating only hamburgers prepared at home (18%), and continuing to eat the same number of pre-prepared hamburgers from the same outlets/ brands (15%).
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night