Residents in Paradise Valley are noticing a disturbing trend in 2013.
According to ABC15.com, detectives with the Paradise Valley Police Department have marked every break-in since the first of the year. Through the first two-plus months of 2013, they have found twice as many incidents as this time last year.
ABC15 recently spoke to a man who had his home burglarized in Paradise Valley, and his overwhelming sentiment was that alarm systems aren’t getting the job done anymore.
“The alarm goes off, it goes to the security company, the security company calls the house, they proceed to call the police, and police have to dispatch it,” the unidentified man told ABC15. “By the time the police officer gets out here it’s probably 6 to 8 minutes,” said the father of four.”
To combat the rash of burglaries in the area, officials with the Paradise Valley PD are in the process of forming a task unit .
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development