Count Arizona Sen. John McCain among the members of the Republican Party not pleased with the recent controversy surrounding incoming CIA Director John O. Brennan’s drone policy.
During his 13-hour filibuster on the floor of the Senate Wednesday, Sen. Rand Paul (R-S.C.) questioned the United States’ definition of “enemy of the state” and discussed concern that the country could use hellfire missiles on innocent people not tied to terrorism in the coming years.
Paul’s efforts were supported by more than a dozen prominent Republicans including Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Tex.) and Rep. Justin Amash (R-Mich.), but McCain told HuffingtonPost.com that he’s not a fan of their misguided opinions.
“They were elected, nobody believes that there was a corrupt election, anything else,” McCain said. “But I also think that when, you know, it’s always the wacko birds on right and left that get the media megaphone.”
Amash took exception to the comment and wasted little time throwing a barb McCain’s way via social media.
— Justin Amash (@repjustinamash) March 8, 2013
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments