Count Arizona Sen. John McCain among the members of the Republican Party not pleased with the recent controversy surrounding incoming CIA Director John O. Brennan’s drone policy.
During his 13-hour filibuster on the floor of the Senate Wednesday, Sen. Rand Paul (R-S.C.) questioned the United States’ definition of “enemy of the state” and discussed concern that the country could use hellfire missiles on innocent people not tied to terrorism in the coming years.
Paul’s efforts were supported by more than a dozen prominent Republicans including Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Tex.) and Rep. Justin Amash (R-Mich.), but McCain told HuffingtonPost.com that he’s not a fan of their misguided opinions.
“They were elected, nobody believes that there was a corrupt election, anything else,” McCain said. “But I also think that when, you know, it’s always the wacko birds on right and left that get the media megaphone.”
Amash took exception to the comment and wasted little time throwing a barb McCain’s way via social media.
— Justin Amash (@repjustinamash) March 8, 2013
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food