Count Arizona Sen. John McCain among the members of the Republican Party not pleased with the recent controversy surrounding incoming CIA Director John O. Brennan’s drone policy.
During his 13-hour filibuster on the floor of the Senate Wednesday, Sen. Rand Paul (R-S.C.) questioned the United States’ definition of “enemy of the state” and discussed concern that the country could use hellfire missiles on innocent people not tied to terrorism in the coming years.
Paul’s efforts were supported by more than a dozen prominent Republicans including Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Tex.) and Rep. Justin Amash (R-Mich.), but McCain told HuffingtonPost.com that he’s not a fan of their misguided opinions.
“They were elected, nobody believes that there was a corrupt election, anything else,” McCain said. “But I also think that when, you know, it’s always the wacko birds on right and left that get the media megaphone.”
Amash took exception to the comment and wasted little time throwing a barb McCain’s way via social media.
— Justin Amash (@repjustinamash) March 8, 2013
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development