PHOENIX — Brittney Griner scored 50 points in a game and can dunk, and the Baylor center may soon be drafted by the Phoenix Mercury.
But a lot of men may never see her play in person.
Mercury president Amber Cox said the WNBA doesn’t get a lot of attention on ESPN.
“A lot of guys at times can dismiss the WNBA or the women’s game as a whole,” Cox said.
But she wants to change that. She’s challenging guys to “man up” and go to a Mercury game this season. So the team is offering free tickets…for men.
“We believe in the product, we believe in the level of play, so we want to invite guys out to test it out for themselves,” said Cox.
The tickets will be in the first 10 rows of the lower bowl at US Airways Center.
The deal is bringing a lot of attention to the Mercury.
“This has recently caught some momentum for us,” said Cox. “It started as an article on PhoenixMercury.com from our great writer Ben York, and it’s caught some steam. We’re excited about that. We’re excited that people are interested in helping us spread that word. I think this is probably the most attention something like this has gotten.”
The free tickets promotion starts on May 27, when the Mercury host the Chicago Sky.
To get the tickets, email Ben York at email@example.com.
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food