PHOENIX — Looking for something to do this weekend in the Valley? The list below offers a few options.
The Doo-Wop Project takes the stage Sunday night at the Scottsdale Center for Performing Arts. The cast includes members of the Tony Award-winning “Jersey Boys.” The show is sold out, but there is a waiting list.
The big Scottsdale Art Fest begins at 10 a.m. Friday. Hundreds of hand-picked artists from around the U.S. and Canada are in town, along with great food and live music.
Direct from Ireland comes the “Rhythm of the Dance.” It’s kind of like the old “River Dance” but a little more chic. The show is Sunday at the Chandler Center for the Arts. Tickets start at $32.
Wynton Marsalis is in Mesa Friday night and he’s with New York City’s Lincoln Center Orchestra. The 9-time Grammy winner takes the stage at the Mesa Arts Center. Tickets range from $50 to $75.
One of Broadway’s hot new musicals is at ASU Gammage all weekend long. It’s called “Memphis” and it’s about what used to be forbidden love between a white DJ and a black female in 1950s Memphis, Tenn. Tickets start at $25.
Jim Belushi brings his Chicago Board of Improv to Stand Up Live! Saturday and Sunday. The show is all about getting the audience involved in everything from skits, to jokes, to sing-alongs.
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets