PHOENIX — Looking for something to do this weekend in the Valley? The list below offers a few options.
The Doo-Wop Project takes the stage Sunday night at the Scottsdale Center for Performing Arts. The cast includes members of the Tony Award-winning “Jersey Boys.” The show is sold out, but there is a waiting list.
The big Scottsdale Art Fest begins at 10 a.m. Friday. Hundreds of hand-picked artists from around the U.S. and Canada are in town, along with great food and live music.
Direct from Ireland comes the “Rhythm of the Dance.” It’s kind of like the old “River Dance” but a little more chic. The show is Sunday at the Chandler Center for the Arts. Tickets start at $32.
Wynton Marsalis is in Mesa Friday night and he’s with New York City’s Lincoln Center Orchestra. The 9-time Grammy winner takes the stage at the Mesa Arts Center. Tickets range from $50 to $75.
One of Broadway’s hot new musicals is at ASU Gammage all weekend long. It’s called “Memphis” and it’s about what used to be forbidden love between a white DJ and a black female in 1950s Memphis, Tenn. Tickets start at $25.
Jim Belushi brings his Chicago Board of Improv to Stand Up Live! Saturday and Sunday. The show is all about getting the audience involved in everything from skits, to jokes, to sing-alongs.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night