PHOENIX — Looking for something to do this weekend in the Valley? The list below offers a few options.
The Doo-Wop Project takes the stage Sunday night at the Scottsdale Center for Performing Arts. The cast includes members of the Tony Award-winning “Jersey Boys.” The show is sold out, but there is a waiting list.
The big Scottsdale Art Fest begins at 10 a.m. Friday. Hundreds of hand-picked artists from around the U.S. and Canada are in town, along with great food and live music.
Direct from Ireland comes the “Rhythm of the Dance.” It’s kind of like the old “River Dance” but a little more chic. The show is Sunday at the Chandler Center for the Arts. Tickets start at $32.
Wynton Marsalis is in Mesa Friday night and he’s with New York City’s Lincoln Center Orchestra. The 9-time Grammy winner takes the stage at the Mesa Arts Center. Tickets range from $50 to $75.
One of Broadway’s hot new musicals is at ASU Gammage all weekend long. It’s called “Memphis” and it’s about what used to be forbidden love between a white DJ and a black female in 1950s Memphis, Tenn. Tickets start at $25.
Jim Belushi brings his Chicago Board of Improv to Stand Up Live! Saturday and Sunday. The show is all about getting the audience involved in everything from skits, to jokes, to sing-alongs.
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns