PHOENIX — There’s a new place to start a business in Phoenix.
The Center for Entrepreneurial Innovation is having its grand opening Thursday at Gateway Community College.
Gateway President Dr. Eugene Giovannini said the center is a business incubator for companies that are just starting up.
“It provides comprehensive business services for its clients in the form of educational programming, mentors, and other business development services,” Giovannini said. “The Center offers more than 30 office and light manufacturing spaces for our community to house and grow these companies.”
Eleven companies have set up shop at the center so far. They are involved in several industries, including software, bioscience and clean energy.
The new center was built in cooperation with the Maricopa Community College District, the city of Phoenix and the Economic Development Administration.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon