Two people were shot Saturday night in Tempe after exchanging gunfire.
Tempe Police responded to a shooting near the 1000 block of S. George Street around 8:30 p.m. Saturday after a group of men confronted a resident. According to police, a suspect and the resident drew their weapons and began shooting at one another.
The resident was found by police — the suspects had fled the scene when they arrived — and he was taken to the hospital with serious injuries.
One suspect fled to the 2300 block of E. Randall Drive and was taken to the hospital by family members. The hospital notified police of the suspect’s injuries.
- Buckeye woman dies after being struck in chest with stray bullet
- Suspect seriously wounded after officer-involved shooting in Phoenix
- Tucson to mark 7-year anniversary of shooting with memorial construction
- The Latest: 2 dead, 1 hurt in shooting at California office
- KTAR News hosts, reporters share biggest news stories of 2017