Two people were shot Saturday night in Tempe after exchanging gunfire.
Tempe Police responded to a shooting near the 1000 block of S. George Street around 8:30 p.m. Saturday after a group of men confronted a resident. According to police, a suspect and the resident drew their weapons and began shooting at one another.
The resident was found by police — the suspects had fled the scene when they arrived — and he was taken to the hospital with serious injuries.
One suspect fled to the 2300 block of E. Randall Drive and was taken to the hospital by family members. The hospital notified police of the suspect’s injuries.
- At least five dead, multiple hurt in northern California shooting
- Weekly wrap-up: Here are some of the biggest stories of Nov. 5 week
- Scottsdale police identify 2 adults, 2 children killed in murder-suicide
- Rep. Steve Scalise challenges lawmaker to scooter race in US Capitol
- Police make arrest in last year’s shooting at Glendale Walmart