Two people were shot Saturday night in Tempe after exchanging gunfire.
Tempe Police responded to a shooting near the 1000 block of S. George Street around 8:30 p.m. Saturday after a group of men confronted a resident. According to police, a suspect and the resident drew their weapons and began shooting at one another.
The resident was found by police — the suspects had fled the scene when they arrived — and he was taken to the hospital with serious injuries.
One suspect fled to the 2300 block of E. Randall Drive and was taken to the hospital by family members. The hospital notified police of the suspect’s injuries.
- Man shot by Mesa police charged with aggravated assault, other charges
- Suspect injured in officer-involved shooting in Mesa
- Phoenix shooting leaves two injured, one dead on Saturday
- A year after shooting, Sen. Jeff Flake says his gun views have shifted
- Retrial for ex-NAU student charged in fatal shooting set for March