Two people were shot Saturday night in Tempe after exchanging gunfire.
Tempe Police responded to a shooting near the 1000 block of S. George Street around 8:30 p.m. Saturday after a group of men confronted a resident. According to police, a suspect and the resident drew their weapons and began shooting at one another.
The resident was found by police — the suspects had fled the scene when they arrived — and he was taken to the hospital with serious injuries.
One suspect fled to the 2300 block of E. Randall Drive and was taken to the hospital by family members. The hospital notified police of the suspect’s injuries.
- Self-driving Uber car fatally runs over pedestrian in Tempe
- Gov. Doug Ducey to introduce plan to address some school safety issues
- Arizona students walk out of class to push for gun control
- Arizona students, Democratic lawmakers push for gun control bills
- Hostage situation in California ends with hostages, shooter dead