Two people were shot Saturday night in Tempe after exchanging gunfire.
Tempe Police responded to a shooting near the 1000 block of S. George Street around 8:30 p.m. Saturday after a group of men confronted a resident. According to police, a suspect and the resident drew their weapons and began shooting at one another.
The resident was found by police — the suspects had fled the scene when they arrived — and he was taken to the hospital with serious injuries.
One suspect fled to the 2300 block of E. Randall Drive and was taken to the hospital by family members. The hospital notified police of the suspect’s injuries.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Armed Mesa man shot, killed by deputies after confrontation
- Police identify man who died in shooting at Phoenix hotel Saturday
- Phoenix police chief looks to internal fixes to address shootings
- Jamal Khashoggi, other ‘guardians’ named Time’s ‘Person of the Year’
- Two people in critical condition after shooting in Phoenix