If you want to take your family camping, but don’t have the first clue how to do it, you can get some help starting this weekend.
The Arizona State Parks Department is offering its Arizona Family Camp-out Program.
“Basically we want to give them Camping 101,” said Nicole Armstrong-Best, the Family Camp-out program director for the Arizona State Parks Department. “We want to help them figure out what kind of tents they should be using, how to set them up, the best place to set them up. All of those things that make people nervous about trying something new.”
“Going on guided hikes, mountain biking, fishing clinics, and archery at every camp-out” are just a few of the activities campers will be doing while at the lessons.
It will start this weekend at Lost Dutchman State Park in Apache Junction. In future weeks, the program will be held at Dead Horse Ranch in Cottonwood, Kartchner Cavers in Benson, Patagonia Lake in Patagonia, and Catalina State Park in Tucson.
The cost is $65 for a family of four, and additional family members are $5 dollars apiece. You can also register for the program online.
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier