If you want to take your family camping, but don’t have the first clue how to do it, you can get some help starting this weekend.
The Arizona State Parks Department is offering its Arizona Family Camp-out Program.
“Basically we want to give them Camping 101,” said Nicole Armstrong-Best, the Family Camp-out program director for the Arizona State Parks Department. “We want to help them figure out what kind of tents they should be using, how to set them up, the best place to set them up. All of those things that make people nervous about trying something new.”
“Going on guided hikes, mountain biking, fishing clinics, and archery at every camp-out” are just a few of the activities campers will be doing while at the lessons.
It will start this weekend at Lost Dutchman State Park in Apache Junction. In future weeks, the program will be held at Dead Horse Ranch in Cottonwood, Kartchner Cavers in Benson, Patagonia Lake in Patagonia, and Catalina State Park in Tucson.
The cost is $65 for a family of four, and additional family members are $5 dollars apiece. You can also register for the program online.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments