If you want to take your family camping, but don’t have the first clue how to do it, you can get some help starting this weekend.
The Arizona State Parks Department is offering its Arizona Family Camp-out Program.
“Basically we want to give them Camping 101,” said Nicole Armstrong-Best, the Family Camp-out program director for the Arizona State Parks Department. “We want to help them figure out what kind of tents they should be using, how to set them up, the best place to set them up. All of those things that make people nervous about trying something new.”
“Going on guided hikes, mountain biking, fishing clinics, and archery at every camp-out” are just a few of the activities campers will be doing while at the lessons.
It will start this weekend at Lost Dutchman State Park in Apache Junction. In future weeks, the program will be held at Dead Horse Ranch in Cottonwood, Kartchner Cavers in Benson, Patagonia Lake in Patagonia, and Catalina State Park in Tucson.
The cost is $65 for a family of four, and additional family members are $5 dollars apiece. You can also register for the program online.
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains