If you want to take your family camping, but don’t have the first clue how to do it, you can get some help starting this weekend.
The Arizona State Parks Department is offering its Arizona Family Camp-out Program.
“Basically we want to give them Camping 101,” said Nicole Armstrong-Best, the Family Camp-out program director for the Arizona State Parks Department. “We want to help them figure out what kind of tents they should be using, how to set them up, the best place to set them up. All of those things that make people nervous about trying something new.”
“Going on guided hikes, mountain biking, fishing clinics, and archery at every camp-out” are just a few of the activities campers will be doing while at the lessons.
It will start this weekend at Lost Dutchman State Park in Apache Junction. In future weeks, the program will be held at Dead Horse Ranch in Cottonwood, Kartchner Cavers in Benson, Patagonia Lake in Patagonia, and Catalina State Park in Tucson.
The cost is $65 for a family of four, and additional family members are $5 dollars apiece. You can also register for the program online.
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development