PHOENIX — Claims by Immigration and Customs Enforcement that hundreds of illegal immigrants who were released from detention centers last week were low-risk and non-violent is completely false, said Pinal County Sheriff Paul Babeu.
Babeu said federal whistle blowers are telling him that some of the immigrants released have serious criminal histories.
“Drug smugglers with cartel ties, forgery, aggravated assault on police officers, convicted child molesters. Everything these whistle blowers have said has checked out almost completely.”
The sheriff said he has also been informed that some of those who were released were facing manslaughter charges and several of those who were released were convicted of extreme DUI.
“What happens when they get into a head on collision with a family? Who will be responsible? Certainly not me or the governor. It’s Janet Napolitano and whomever was involved in this.”
Babeu said California Congressman Darrell Issa has announced that he will be launching a formal investigation into this matter.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon