GOODYEAR, Ariz. — Baseball wives are teaming up to help their spring-training community.
“We are all in Goodyear for spring training and we decided we wanted to give back to the community because they’ve all been so great to us,” said Maryl Masterson, wife of Cleveland Indians pitcher Justin Masterson.
The group, known as the Cleveland Wives Association, is working with Yana, a volunteer organization within the Goodyear Police Department, to find seniors in the area who live alone but have no friends or family members nearby to check on them regularly.
“They are doing a great job, they’re helping me with things I can’t do myself, said Charleen Tishinel, a Goodyear senior citizen.
The women intend to help seniors every week with yard work, window washing and other chores until Spring Training winds down.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development