In 1987, El Sol Mexican Cafe and Bakery in Chandler started serving their house-made salsa.
In 2005, the owners’ son-in-law began distributing the salsa in local grocery stores.
In 2016, according to a recent report in the Phoenix Business Journal, Costco will start selling El Sol Salsa in southeast U.S.
Even though the plan is to become a household name around the country, they plan on maintaining that small restaurant feel deeply rooted in the Arizona brand.
“Our goal has always been to make salsa like it has been handed down for generations in our family,” Ryan Bullock, CEO of El Sol Foods told Phoenix Business Journal. “We have perfected a way to make salsa that used to be prepared on a small scale in tiny kitchen, to today where we are making 50 gallons of salsa at a time.”
You can find El Sol Salsa in the Valley at Bashas’, Safeway, Albertsons, and Sam’s Club, Walmart and Costco.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Suspect dies after officer-involved shooting Monday at Peoria Walmart
- Phoenix police searching for suspect in 2012 Walmart robbery, murder
- Walmart in Peoria evacuated due to bomb threat, police say
- Safeway will not rebuild Phoenix location destroyed by fire last month
- Waymo, Walmart partner to make shopping easier for Valley residents