In 1987, El Sol Mexican Cafe and Bakery in Chandler started serving their house-made salsa.
In 2005, the owners’ son-in-law began distributing the salsa in local grocery stores.
In 2016, according to a recent report in the Phoenix Business Journal, Costco will start selling El Sol Salsa in southeast U.S.
Even though the plan is to become a household name around the country, they plan on maintaining that small restaurant feel deeply rooted in the Arizona brand.
“Our goal has always been to make salsa like it has been handed down for generations in our family,” Ryan Bullock, CEO of El Sol Foods told Phoenix Business Journal. “We have perfected a way to make salsa that used to be prepared on a small scale in tiny kitchen, to today where we are making 50 gallons of salsa at a time.”
You can find El Sol Salsa in the Valley at Bashas’, Safeway, Albertsons, and Sam’s Club, Walmart and Costco.
- Walmart workers in Arizona to share $12.5M in one-time bonus
- Flagstaff police searching for child that may be missing
- Walmart to raise age to purchase guns, ammo to 21 after Florida shooting
- One dead, two hurt after car drives on sidewalk at Scottsdale Safeway
- Walmart shutting down Sam’s Club locations in Arizona, nationwide