GLENDALE, Ariz. — Arizona Cardinals President Michael Bidwill recently said that the team is close to a deal that would relocate its camp to University of Phoenix Stadium.
Dave McAlindin, Assistant Director of Glendale’s Economic Development Department, will update the council Tuesday about the status of negotiations regarding the planned 15-year deal with the team scheduled to begin this summer.
“We have been working with the Cardinals over the past couple of months to put together agreements,” he said. “I don’t want to get into specifics until I speak to the council. We want to get this done so the Cardinals can get on with making their final decision.”
Meanwhile, Tom Bauer with Northern Arizona University said they are awaiting a decision by the Cardinals on the location of their 2013 summer training camp. He made an extraordinary deal to keep the team in the pines during the summer in Flagstaff.
“We have put a good package together and we hope they’ll go for it. We hope to hear from the team soon and hope they return.”
The Cardinals pump an estimated $10 million into Flagstaff’s economy each year.
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain