GLENDALE, Ariz. — Arizona Cardinals President Michael Bidwill recently said that the team is close to a deal that would relocate its camp to University of Phoenix Stadium.
Dave McAlindin, Assistant Director of Glendale’s Economic Development Department, will update the council Tuesday about the status of negotiations regarding the planned 15-year deal with the team scheduled to begin this summer.
“We have been working with the Cardinals over the past couple of months to put together agreements,” he said. “I don’t want to get into specifics until I speak to the council. We want to get this done so the Cardinals can get on with making their final decision.”
Meanwhile, Tom Bauer with Northern Arizona University said they are awaiting a decision by the Cardinals on the location of their 2013 summer training camp. He made an extraordinary deal to keep the team in the pines during the summer in Flagstaff.
“We have put a good package together and we hope they’ll go for it. We hope to hear from the team soon and hope they return.”
The Cardinals pump an estimated $10 million into Flagstaff’s economy each year.
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets