GLENDALE, Ariz. — Arizona Cardinals President Michael Bidwill recently said that the team is close to a deal that would relocate its camp to University of Phoenix Stadium.
Dave McAlindin, Assistant Director of Glendale’s Economic Development Department, will update the council Tuesday about the status of negotiations regarding the planned 15-year deal with the team scheduled to begin this summer.
“We have been working with the Cardinals over the past couple of months to put together agreements,” he said. “I don’t want to get into specifics until I speak to the council. We want to get this done so the Cardinals can get on with making their final decision.”
Meanwhile, Tom Bauer with Northern Arizona University said they are awaiting a decision by the Cardinals on the location of their 2013 summer training camp. He made an extraordinary deal to keep the team in the pines during the summer in Flagstaff.
“We have put a good package together and we hope they’ll go for it. We hope to hear from the team soon and hope they return.”
The Cardinals pump an estimated $10 million into Flagstaff’s economy each year.
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development