GLENDALE, Ariz. — Arizona Cardinals President Michael Bidwill recently said that the team is close to a deal that would relocate its camp to University of Phoenix Stadium.
Dave McAlindin, Assistant Director of Glendale’s Economic Development Department, will update the council Tuesday about the status of negotiations regarding the planned 15-year deal with the team scheduled to begin this summer.
“We have been working with the Cardinals over the past couple of months to put together agreements,” he said. “I don’t want to get into specifics until I speak to the council. We want to get this done so the Cardinals can get on with making their final decision.”
Meanwhile, Tom Bauer with Northern Arizona University said they are awaiting a decision by the Cardinals on the location of their 2013 summer training camp. He made an extraordinary deal to keep the team in the pines during the summer in Flagstaff.
“We have put a good package together and we hope they’ll go for it. We hope to hear from the team soon and hope they return.”
The Cardinals pump an estimated $10 million into Flagstaff’s economy each year.
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.