GLENDALE, Ariz. — Arizona Cardinals President Michael Bidwill recently said that the team is close to a deal that would relocate its camp to University of Phoenix Stadium.
Dave McAlindin, Assistant Director of Glendale’s Economic Development Department, will update the council Tuesday about the status of negotiations regarding the planned 15-year deal with the team scheduled to begin this summer.
“We have been working with the Cardinals over the past couple of months to put together agreements,” he said. “I don’t want to get into specifics until I speak to the council. We want to get this done so the Cardinals can get on with making their final decision.”
Meanwhile, Tom Bauer with Northern Arizona University said they are awaiting a decision by the Cardinals on the location of their 2013 summer training camp. He made an extraordinary deal to keep the team in the pines during the summer in Flagstaff.
“We have put a good package together and we hope they’ll go for it. We hope to hear from the team soon and hope they return.”
The Cardinals pump an estimated $10 million into Flagstaff’s economy each year.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments