CHANDLER, Ariz. — It’s move-in day for one of the Valley’s biggest breweries.
San Tan Brewing Company was setting up shop Monday at its new 35,000-square-foot facility near Warner Road and Arizona Avenue in Chandler.
Since opening in September 2007, the company has been operating out of downtown. Owner and head brewer Anthony Canecchia said space is maxed out at the facility.
“We did about 11,000 barrels down there last year, so initially the production at this facility will be about 40,000 barrels or about a half million cases of beer,” he said.
The increase in production is just one of San Tan’s lofty goals for 2013. The company also hopes to become the first Arizona craft brewery to export its product.
As for the original building, Canecchia said it will be turned into a laboratory, where the brewers can experiment on some new flavors of beer.
“Soured beers, and barrel-aged beers, triple IPAs — all kinds of fun stuff that we’ve never had the opportunity to make,” he said.
Six truckloads hauling 20-foot tall fermenters arrived at the new facility on Monday.
Over the next few weeks more heavy machinery will be brought in, with hopes that the brewery will be operating April 1.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night