CHANDLER, Ariz. — It’s move-in day for one of the Valley’s biggest breweries.
San Tan Brewing Company was setting up shop Monday at its new 35,000-square-foot facility near Warner Road and Arizona Avenue in Chandler.
Since opening in September 2007, the company has been operating out of downtown. Owner and head brewer Anthony Canecchia said space is maxed out at the facility.
“We did about 11,000 barrels down there last year, so initially the production at this facility will be about 40,000 barrels or about a half million cases of beer,” he said.
The increase in production is just one of San Tan’s lofty goals for 2013. The company also hopes to become the first Arizona craft brewery to export its product.
As for the original building, Canecchia said it will be turned into a laboratory, where the brewers can experiment on some new flavors of beer.
“Soured beers, and barrel-aged beers, triple IPAs — all kinds of fun stuff that we’ve never had the opportunity to make,” he said.
Six truckloads hauling 20-foot tall fermenters arrived at the new facility on Monday.
Over the next few weeks more heavy machinery will be brought in, with hopes that the brewery will be operating April 1.
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets