CHANDLER, Ariz. — It’s move-in day for one of the Valley’s biggest breweries.
San Tan Brewing Company was setting up shop Monday at its new 35,000-square-foot facility near Warner Road and Arizona Avenue in Chandler.
Since opening in September 2007, the company has been operating out of downtown. Owner and head brewer Anthony Canecchia said space is maxed out at the facility.
“We did about 11,000 barrels down there last year, so initially the production at this facility will be about 40,000 barrels or about a half million cases of beer,” he said.
The increase in production is just one of San Tan’s lofty goals for 2013. The company also hopes to become the first Arizona craft brewery to export its product.
As for the original building, Canecchia said it will be turned into a laboratory, where the brewers can experiment on some new flavors of beer.
“Soured beers, and barrel-aged beers, triple IPAs — all kinds of fun stuff that we’ve never had the opportunity to make,” he said.
Six truckloads hauling 20-foot tall fermenters arrived at the new facility on Monday.
Over the next few weeks more heavy machinery will be brought in, with hopes that the brewery will be operating April 1.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments