CHANDLER, Ariz. — It’s move-in day for one of the Valley’s biggest breweries.
San Tan Brewing Company was setting up shop Monday at its new 35,000-square-foot facility near Warner Road and Arizona Avenue in Chandler.
Since opening in September 2007, the company has been operating out of downtown. Owner and head brewer Anthony Canecchia said space is maxed out at the facility.
“We did about 11,000 barrels down there last year, so initially the production at this facility will be about 40,000 barrels or about a half million cases of beer,” he said.
The increase in production is just one of San Tan’s lofty goals for 2013. The company also hopes to become the first Arizona craft brewery to export its product.
As for the original building, Canecchia said it will be turned into a laboratory, where the brewers can experiment on some new flavors of beer.
“Soured beers, and barrel-aged beers, triple IPAs — all kinds of fun stuff that we’ve never had the opportunity to make,” he said.
Six truckloads hauling 20-foot tall fermenters arrived at the new facility on Monday.
Over the next few weeks more heavy machinery will be brought in, with hopes that the brewery will be operating April 1.
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development