PHOENIX — A Pekingese dog that ran away from home in Mesa during a monsoon almost two years ago has been found in central Phoenix.
Buddy literally ran into the back of a Phoenix patrol cruiser last Friday around 15th Avenue and Camelback Road. Officer Don Martin wrapped the dog up in a blanket and rushed it to a veterinarian. Martin even picked up the tab along with Officer Mim Cohane, who also gave the owner a goodie basket for Buddy.
Buddy has been reunited with his owner, Jessica Rowe. A single mom of four, Rowe can’t believe her dog is alive after all this time roaming the Valley.
“I don’t have a lot of money, if it had come down to having to pay the vet bill, I couldn’t have gotten Buddy back,” she said.
As happy as she is to see Buddy home, her 5-year-old daughter was even more delighted.
Buddy had a microchip that helps track lost animals but it was outdated. Police used good old-fashioned investigative work to track down the owner, who now lives in the West Valley.
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains