PHOENIX — A Pekingese dog that ran away from home in Mesa during a monsoon almost two years ago has been found in central Phoenix.
Buddy literally ran into the back of a Phoenix patrol cruiser last Friday around 15th Avenue and Camelback Road. Officer Don Martin wrapped the dog up in a blanket and rushed it to a veterinarian. Martin even picked up the tab along with Officer Mim Cohane, who also gave the owner a goodie basket for Buddy.
Buddy has been reunited with his owner, Jessica Rowe. A single mom of four, Rowe can’t believe her dog is alive after all this time roaming the Valley.
“I don’t have a lot of money, if it had come down to having to pay the vet bill, I couldn’t have gotten Buddy back,” she said.
As happy as she is to see Buddy home, her 5-year-old daughter was even more delighted.
Buddy had a microchip that helps track lost animals but it was outdated. Police used good old-fashioned investigative work to track down the owner, who now lives in the West Valley.
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food