PHOENIX — A Pekingese dog that ran away from home in Mesa during a monsoon almost two years ago has been found in central Phoenix.
Buddy literally ran into the back of a Phoenix patrol cruiser last Friday around 15th Avenue and Camelback Road. Officer Don Martin wrapped the dog up in a blanket and rushed it to a veterinarian. Martin even picked up the tab along with Officer Mim Cohane, who also gave the owner a goodie basket for Buddy.
Buddy has been reunited with his owner, Jessica Rowe. A single mom of four, Rowe can’t believe her dog is alive after all this time roaming the Valley.
“I don’t have a lot of money, if it had come down to having to pay the vet bill, I couldn’t have gotten Buddy back,” she said.
As happy as she is to see Buddy home, her 5-year-old daughter was even more delighted.
Buddy had a microchip that helps track lost animals but it was outdated. Police used good old-fashioned investigative work to track down the owner, who now lives in the West Valley.
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas