PHOENIX — The Arizona StandDown is coming up this weekend and organizers are looking for help.
“The Arizona StandDown is our largest outreach efforts for homeless veterans in the state,” said StandDown Spokesman Brad Birdwell.
Birdwell said this weekend’s event at the Veteran’s Memorial Coliseum in Phoenix will bring together over 80 providers to help veterans find a home or land a job.
“This also includes everything from medical and dental services, courts and legal, to housing providers and other areas that help assist veterans,” said Birdwell.
Nearly 900 volunteers are needed for the event.
“We are able to partner a volunteer up with a single veteran in need,” said Birdwell. “That volunteer will know where everything is and help make sure that veteran is navigated to the resources and connected.”
You must be 18 or older to volunteer.
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain