What’s an efficient way to create more jobs in the United States? Give startup visas to those living outside the country.
According to the Phoenix Business Journal, 1.6 million jobs could be created by granting visas to foreign business owners over the next 10 years.
The process would be in conjunction with the Startup Act 3.0, which would grant visas to 75,000 foreigners who already are in the U.S. on H-1B visas or F-1 student visas.
If these individuals hire at least two full-time employees (family members don’t count) and invest or raise at least $100,000 for their business in the first year, their visas would be extended for three years. After three years, if these entrepreneurs have hired, on average, one additional employee per year, they may apply for a green card, giving them permanent resident status in the U.S.
Phoenix Business Journal noted that Arizona offers more startup visas than any other state, which could mean a massive increase in job opportunities for Arizonans in the coming years.
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets