What’s an efficient way to create more jobs in the United States? Give startup visas to those living outside the country.
According to the Phoenix Business Journal, 1.6 million jobs could be created by granting visas to foreign business owners over the next 10 years.
The process would be in conjunction with the Startup Act 3.0, which would grant visas to 75,000 foreigners who already are in the U.S. on H-1B visas or F-1 student visas.
If these individuals hire at least two full-time employees (family members don’t count) and invest or raise at least $100,000 for their business in the first year, their visas would be extended for three years. After three years, if these entrepreneurs have hired, on average, one additional employee per year, they may apply for a green card, giving them permanent resident status in the U.S.
Phoenix Business Journal noted that Arizona offers more startup visas than any other state, which could mean a massive increase in job opportunities for Arizonans in the coming years.
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns