PHOENIX — The marijuana industry is growing like weeds and one Phoenix career fair is looking to cultivate the business even further.
The Arizona Cannabis Industry Overview and Career Fair, which will take place on Oct. 26 at the Phoenix Convention Center, will teach people how to get into the industry themselves, Medical Marijuana expert Demitri Downing said.
Downing, who is one of over 20 medical marijuana industry experts who will present at the event, said there are several different positions in the industry, such as cultivators, extractors, distributors, operations managers and investors.
In Arizona, the marijuana industry is already exploding, Downing said.
“There’s about 100 dispensaries, and cultivations, hundreds of ancillary businesses,” he said. “It’s about a $200 million a year growth industry. And we anticipate it going to $700 million after it goes adult use next year.”
The career fair, which will be a part of the Southwest Cannabis Convention and Expo, is designed to teach in a classroom setting.
“Take the resume, and walk the Expo floor and talk to the national level individuals who are looking for local representation,” he said. “We’ll show them how to get into the industry, and we’ll teach them how to talk to these marijuana companies.”
- Prosecutors change policy for marijuana smuggling in Arizona
- Trucking companies need more drivers due to strong economy
- Initiative to legalize marijuana in Arizona fails to qualify for ballot
- Man transporting marijuana with young son in truck arrested in Arizona
- Poll: Three-quarters of AZ Republican voters against marijuana legalization