PHOENIX — The Valley’s travel industry is showing significant growth.
Paul Seiferth, owner of Terra Travel in Phoenix and Mesa, noted a 20 percent jump in business from 2012 to 2013.
“Business seems to be stronger this year,” he said.
While people are willing to spend money on vacations, it appears they are tackling the planning in a much different way.
“People tend to be more careful with [money] right now,” said Seiferth.
People are planning, saving and always looking for good deals.
“Where they might have stayed at a very high-priced hotel two years ago, now they are staying at a three- to four-star hotel instead,” said Seiferth. “They are also cutting back on the number of vacation days.”
According to the World Travel and Tourism Council, “the travel and tourism industry has outperformed the global economy in 2012, growing faster than manufacturing, financial services, communications and retail.”
The WTTC also reported the industry increased the number of jobs by five million to 260 million.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon