PHOENIX — The Valley’s travel industry is showing significant growth.
Paul Seiferth, owner of Terra Travel in Phoenix and Mesa, noted a 20 percent jump in business from 2012 to 2013.
“Business seems to be stronger this year,” he said.
While people are willing to spend money on vacations, it appears they are tackling the planning in a much different way.
“People tend to be more careful with [money] right now,” said Seiferth.
People are planning, saving and always looking for good deals.
“Where they might have stayed at a very high-priced hotel two years ago, now they are staying at a three- to four-star hotel instead,” said Seiferth. “They are also cutting back on the number of vacation days.”
According to the World Travel and Tourism Council, “the travel and tourism industry has outperformed the global economy in 2012, growing faster than manufacturing, financial services, communications and retail.”
The WTTC also reported the industry increased the number of jobs by five million to 260 million.
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains