PHOENIX — The Valley’s travel industry is showing significant growth.
Paul Seiferth, owner of Terra Travel in Phoenix and Mesa, noted a 20 percent jump in business from 2012 to 2013.
“Business seems to be stronger this year,” he said.
While people are willing to spend money on vacations, it appears they are tackling the planning in a much different way.
“People tend to be more careful with [money] right now,” said Seiferth.
People are planning, saving and always looking for good deals.
“Where they might have stayed at a very high-priced hotel two years ago, now they are staying at a three- to four-star hotel instead,” said Seiferth. “They are also cutting back on the number of vacation days.”
According to the World Travel and Tourism Council, “the travel and tourism industry has outperformed the global economy in 2012, growing faster than manufacturing, financial services, communications and retail.”
The WTTC also reported the industry increased the number of jobs by five million to 260 million.
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths