Some Arizona drivers may have had faulty airbags installed in their vehicle, Arizona Attorney General Tom Horne said in a Friday release.
“Phony airbags are a real problem because they often fail to work and pose a threat to human lives,” Horne said. “It is important that consumers buy the appropriate equipment and be on the lookout for counterfeits.”
The faulty airbags are believed to have originated in China. They were shipped to the United States and some were distributed in Arizona, with most of them being purchased over eBay.
Consumers who may have had faulty airbags placed in their vehicle are as follows:
Consumers who have gotten new airbags at a non-dealership repair shop in the past three years.
Consumers who purchased a used vehicle that may have been involved in an airbag deployment.
Consumers with a vehicle that has a salvage, rebuilt or reconstructed title.
Consumers who purchased airbags from eBay or bought airbags for an unusually low price, generally under $400.
“People should be sure, if they’re installing an airbag, that it’s done by the original dealer,” said Horne.
Cars purchased new from a dealer are not at risk, nor are those who have a full, reputable repair history for their vehicle.
Anyone who is unsure about their airbags can go to safercar.gov for more information.
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets