I hate scary movies, but I really enjoyed “Goosebumps.” Allow me to explain.
First off, if you don’t know already, the film is based on a book series for children by the same name. Jack Black plays the author of the series, R.L. Stine, in the movie.
Basically, “Goosebumps” is about all of Stine’s bad guy characters — be they demons, zombies, villains — come to life in the real world and it’s up to Stine, his daughter and the new boy next door to stop them.
This move isn’t scary by any means. Don’t get me wrong, you’ll jump out of your seat a few times, but in a good way.
I have to admit I was worried the movie was going to be a little cheesy like some kids’ movies, but I was wrong. It was enjoyable.
Oh, don’t worry if you haven’t read the books. I never did and didn’t feel left out for a second.
- Go behind the scenes at amazing Phoenix Children’s Hospital
- Legally Speaking: How much privacy can you expect from ride-share driver
- With storms coming, Arizona firefighters rescue dog from drain
- Police release video of Arizona Cardinals GM Steve Keim’s DUI arrest
- Former NAZ Suns assistant found dead in Phoenix, posted farewell video