I hate scary movies, but I really enjoyed “Goosebumps.” Allow me to explain.
First off, if you don’t know already, the film is based on a book series for children by the same name. Jack Black plays the author of the series, R.L. Stine, in the movie.
Basically, “Goosebumps” is about all of Stine’s bad guy characters — be they demons, zombies, villains — come to life in the real world and it’s up to Stine, his daughter and the new boy next door to stop them.
This move isn’t scary by any means. Don’t get me wrong, you’ll jump out of your seat a few times, but in a good way.
I have to admit I was worried the movie was going to be a little cheesy like some kids’ movies, but I was wrong. It was enjoyable.
Oh, don’t worry if you haven’t read the books. I never did and didn’t feel left out for a second.
- Watch Georgia Dome go up in smoke in 12-second implosion
- Routine ‘Daddy’s Home 2’ is good for a few laughs, but not much else
- Auto retailer makes big offer for Honda that appeared in funny video
- Sen. John McCain honors Veterans Day in emotional video
- Rep. Steve Scalise challenges lawmaker to scooter race in US Capitol