PHOENIX — A meaty donation helped ease the stress Thursday of those who are committed to feeding the Valley’s hungry.
As part of the Race to End Hunger, Farmland Foods and Richard Petty Motorsports driver Aric Almirola presented St. Mary’s Food Bank with a $20,000 check and nearly 43 cases of meat. Almirola drives car number 43.
The donation equals approximately 150,000 meals used to feed the Valley’s homeless population.
“Rolling into March, we’ve gone through a lot of the food that folks donated through the holiday season, so this donation could not come at a better time,” said Jerry Brown, director of media relations for the food bank.
The generous donation doesn’t change that fact that St. Mary’s can still use all the help it can get. According to Brown, 1 in 5 Arizonans and 1 in 4 of the state’s children don’t know where their next is coming from.
The food bank is looking for food and/or cash donations, along with volunteers who can help pack boxes.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development